Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Epic

I have wanted to write this epic tale for years now. Taken this class and that, in search of the quick fix that will pull a show out of me. My first attempt, although it was an interesting story, I did not love it and I cringed everytime I sat down to write on it. My next class was filled with writing, and I enjoyed it, but I found myself not writing stories as much as diary entries that centered around ME. And as theraputic as that was, that's not what I wanted. I wanted to write a one-person show, and as self-centered as my class writings were, they did not seem appropriate material for a show, they felt like the laments of a self-indulgent narcissist. So what to write? I sat with this thought in the back of my mind, in the hopes that brilliance would strike.